How to Pack Moving
“How to pack moving day?” is a key question on the minds of most families when moving day looms. The experts at Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage are here to help!
Here are just a few suggestions for how to pack for moving:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured before you pack them, and will hold the weight of the contents.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number.
- Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed for the house.
My team was great! — Betsy M., 7/10/2017See What 2,532 Customers are Saying