Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 120 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
Hansen Bros. made our move a pleasure! The crew of four gentlemen were helpful, courteous, and listened to all our directions. If they were unsure of what we wanted to do with a specific box or object, they politely asked for instructions. The phrase "we can't do that" was not in their vocabulary. My wife and I are 100% delighted with the service we received. Your crew was very respectful and focused on completing our move both carefully and efficiently! We are going to recommend Hansen Bros. to all our friends. Sincerely, Mike C. — Michael C., 6/23/2017See What 2,504 Customers are Saying