Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 120 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
So, you guys were great. I don't know how to read an invoice, and so I agreed to the initial estimate weeks out. Five days before the move I saw it again, and realized I had agreed to a figure way beyond what I'd thought. Your team helped me (at the very last minute!!) figure out some ways to cut the expenses so that I could afford to move with you and on my schedule. I would use your services again in a heartbeat, and will recommend you to anyone I know who is moving. Your moving crew were also really diligent - I had a lot of plants that I expected would die on the trip, and they all arrived in nearly perfect shape (a jade plant will break if you look at it funny, so I don't count that against anyone.) Even our extremely brittle terra cotta pots made the trip without any trouble. You guys did a fantastic job. Thank you for all of your help, — Nathaniel B., 10/6/2017See What 2,620 Customers are Saying