How to Pack Moving
“How to pack moving day?” is a key question on the minds of most families when moving day looms. The experts at Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage are here to help!
Here are just a few suggestions for how to pack for moving:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured before you pack them, and will hold the weight of the contents.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number.
- Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed for the house.
Sam and Cameron were fantastic. Efficient and careful. Extremely courteous. Fulfilled every expectation. — Lynette A., 12/29/2017See What 2,687 Customers are Saying