What to Include in Your Pre-Move Planning
Pre-move planning is a necessary part of every move. As a pricey and time-intensive project, moving requires careful preparation to ensure that no details are overlooked. That means at least two months of preparation. This much lead time might seem excessive at first, but it’s important to remember everything involved with moving – including a large to-do list that goes beyond just packing.
The 3 Important Things to Remember During Pre-Move Planning
Your pre-move checklist should include the tasks that make moving a simple, hassle-free project. By adding the following steps to your moving process, you can ensure a much easier relocation:
My crews for the two move-outs in Seattle were great and worked efficiently and were professional. Zach, Deon, and John did my final move-out and move-in into my one house in Lacey and were great. Accommodating, willing to help and efficient. Took care in moving things into the house. Wrapped glass and mirrors carefully. Pleased with Hansen Bros. Also, Dave and John were flexible in my ever changing schedule as closing dates for the homes were unpredictable and moved. They did everything to fit my move-in schedule. Big relief after reading some horror stories online about moving. Hansen Bros. made stressful event a little less stressful! — Alan K., 10/4/2018See What 2,970 Customers are Saying
- Clean House – A great way to cut moving costs is by purging your possessions. Not only will you save time packing, but you’ll save money, since moving less translates to lower rates. Before packing, thoroughly comb through closets, drawers and storage containers. Get rid of, donate or sell anything that you don’t need to make the journey with you.
- Book Movers – It’s a good idea to book professional movers early in your pre-move planning. It’s also smart to get price quotes at least six weeks before the move. This gives you enough time to make educated decisions and book reliable, budget-friendly movers. Researching and booking movers is especially important if you are relocating during the busy moving season (May to September). You don’t want to wait until the final hour and risk not having professional help on the big day.
- Pack Strategically – Just because you have a month or so before moving doesn’t mean you should delay packing. Once you begin organizing and boxing items, you’ll realize it’s more demanding than expected. For this reason, begin packing non-essential items a month or so in advance. That includes items you won’t need or use during the move, like decorative items, seasonal clothing or extra sets of dishes and kitchenware. This helps you avoid last minute, panicked packing, which only results in disorganized and poorly packed items.
Remember Hansen Bros Moving & Storage During Your Pre-Move Planning
Moving doesn’t have to be stressful. At Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage, we’re here to guide you every step of the way. With over a century of moving experience, we have proven methods to get moves done right. We can help you with:
- Expert packing and unpacking
- Shipping and transportation
- Full service storage