Cost Saving Tips
At Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage, our goal is to provide you the most well-planned, cost-efficient and trouble-free move possible. For well over a hundred years, we have found that by listening to you and observing these common sense ideas, our clients can benefit in reducing wasted time and money. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-888-300-7222. We are always happy to discuss them with you.
The following tips for a local, hourly move can really save you some money:
The Hansen Bros. Newcastle crew of Rico, Tony, Art, Ronald, Jimmy and Juan were outstanding and professional even given the miserable weather we had! It poured rain all day long!! Will definitely use Hansen Bros. again (we'll be moving again within the next 15 months). — Amie S., 12/4/2018See What 3,033 Customers are Saying
- Make sure that there is room to park a large moving van in front of your origin residence and that your neighbors are aware of the need for plenty of moving van space. Sometimes a city permit and “no parking” signs are necessary.
- Disassemble beds, particleboard furniture, and remove mirrors off dressers. Disconnect and remove hoses and vents from washers and dryers and place inside the unit.
- Packed cartons should have taped closed tops. Write contents and room location on the side(s) of cartons. For new residence, number rooms for quick reference.
- Move small items yourself: lamps and lampshades, pictures, knickknacks, and small pieces of glass or marble. If you would like us to move any of these items, they will first need to be properly packed.
- Unplug and coil up all electric cords and wiring from appliances, computers and electronics.
- Load hanging clothes in wardrobe cartons yourself while crew is moving furniture. These wardrobe cartons are loaned to you on your moving day at no cost and are one of our most popular helpful and friendly services.
- Make sure room is reserved in front of your new residence for a large moving van. Street access and close parking space is vital for efficiency. Sometimes city permits and/or no parking easels are required.
- Be present and available at all times during move in. The movers will ask where each piece goes and how you would like it placed as they walk in the door.
- Measure and visualize the furniture placement within each room. The movers will place the items where you instruct them. Re-arranging is very costly and time-consuming. We will gladly do so as long as you understand it costs more and are willing to sign a supplemental estimate prior to the rearranging.