Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage can professionally handle the door to door moving of your motorcycle. Whether it’s a local motorcycle move, city-to-city move or a cross-country trip, your motorcycle is moved safely and securely. Our motorcycle movers are skilled professionals with experience moving motorcycles for individual motorcycle owners and vintage motorcycle collectors.
You can rest assured that your motorcycle move will be well cared for throughout the entire shipping process – your motorcycle will be handled by trained professionals with specialized moving equipment to ensure a safe, on-time delivery. Following is an overview and some frequently asked questions about shipping an automobile. To speak with a Hansen Bros. consultant, please call us at 1-888-300-7222 or or use our convenient free quote form.
I just want to thank you so much for helping me move... again. 🙂 I first used Hansen Brothers last year and had a great experience. Unfortunately, I had to move again this year, and your company was the first thing I thought of. Everyone (office staff, sales person, movers) was very helpful and one of the movers, Sam, actually helped me last year and remembered me. Sam and Evan (?) were both helpful, made sure to protect my belongings, and even packed up items I was planning on putting in my car. I hope I don't have to move again any time soon, but if so, you will be the first people I call. Thank you,~Adrienne
-Adrienne W., December 21, 2010See What 3905 Customers are Saying
How Motorcycle Moving Works
- Our specially-equipped trucks will pick up your motorcycle from a private residence or commercial location anywhere in the U.S. All interstate motorcycle shipping orders are transported in air-ride trailers that absorb road vibration.
- Motorcycle shipping ramps can be risky, so we only use lift gates, allowing your motorcycle to stay completely still when moving from the ground to the truck. Your motorcycle will be carefully strapped and padded to ensure maximum safety en route.
- Every motorcycle move is double-checked before any vehicle movement begins. The final check ensures your motorcycle is ready to make the trip safe and sound.
- Once at the destination, your motorcycle is carefully unloaded and delivered in perfect condition, exactly the way you left it. No surprises.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Movers
- What is “door to door” motorcycle shipping?
With our door to door service, we pick your motorcycle up wherever you’d like and take it to the exact address you specify. Most of our competitors require you to take your motorcycle to their nearest shipping depot (which can be quite far away) and then pick it up at the depot closest to your destination. This can add a great deal of additional time and hassle which is why we go the extra mile for our customers.
- How long does it take to ship my motorcycle?
The time it takes for shipping varies on a number of factors but generally speaking, a coast-to-coast move takes between 10 and 14 days. This time can be extended due to unforeseen issues such as poor weather, truck maintenance or excessive traffic.
- What do I need to do to prepare my motorcycle for shipping?
To make your motorcycle safe for transport, please empty the gas tank to at least half so fuel is not spilled. It is also good to empty any saddle bags as extra items are not insured during transport.
- Do I need to carry any special insurance for my motorcycle during its shipping?
Your motorcycle is insured during shipping for the Blue Book Value at that time. However, you may want to purchase additional insurance if you feel this isn’t sufficient.
- How much notice do you need before the day of the move?
The more time you can provide will allow us to find the most inexpensive option for your motorcycle transport. Generally, we need a minimum of seven days but prefer a one-month notice.
- Can I track my shipment along the way?
Some of the shipping trucks are equipped with GPS devices which will allow you to track your motorcycle shipment. However, we cannot guarantee that this feature will be available for your shipment.