Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 120 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
From my initial conversation with Brad, the salesperson, to the first day the guys showed up to pack to the second day when it was snowing and they could not complete the move (they brought in as much as they could) to yesterday when they were able to finally complete my move, it was a great experience. Now I'm unpacking and see how carefully they packed everything (wasn't really watching them pack). Kudos to Rico and Jeff and the other two, whose names I didn't get. Thanks for everything!!! — Valerie G., 2/13/2019See What 3,105 Customers are Saying