Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 120 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
Rick and Josh did an outstanding job delivering our furniture that had been in storage. On the morning of delivery, we had no power and there was a fallen tree blocking access to our house from one direction. But that didn't phase them - they arrived early (despite having to take a ferry and navigate the downed tree), and put furniture together in the dark. They carried a very heavy oak desk up a narrow flight of stairs in an awe-inspiring manner. They were speedy, professional, considerate, and accommodating. They made the whole delivery process pleasant and easy. — Amy C., 11/15/2017See What 2,654 Customers are Saying