Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 120 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size -- the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
The crew was terrific! They were careful and proficient in moving all the items. They were careful to ask/confirm what items were to be moved and which items were to remain. I was very impressed and commend them for a job well done. One other note: I requested that the crew arrive around 9:30 am. However, I received a voicemail message just after 8:30am that the crew was at my home. I notified both the consultant and the scheduler that I had an early morning appointment and would like the crew to be at my home around 9:30am. I felt badly for the crew that had to wait at least a half hour before I arrived home. — Grace & Mark N., 9/28/2018See What 2,970 Customers are Saying