Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 130 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size — the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
Our crew was very good to work with - Rick, Hyatt and Jackson. They helped make the move easier than expected with safe results.
-John W., September 8, 2015See What 3986 Customers are Saying