Looking for packing tips to help your upcoming move go more smoothly? As the Seattle-area moving and storage company of choice for over 130 years, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has compiled some excellent packing tips into two resource guides – Packing 101 and Packing 102.
Here are just a few examples of some of the helpful packing tips we provide:
- Before packing, develop a game plan. For example: pack one room at a time (this will help you when it comes time to unpack) and pack a couple of cartons a day, starting well ahead of the move.
- Mark all boxes, designating room and box number. Make a carton identification log to show the number of boxes packed per room, and the total number of cartons packed.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top.
- A general rule to remember on carton size — the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
Bill was $600 below estimate, a nice surprise.moving crew was very courtiouse and professional. i almost had fun moving, which is a first for me.
-Ken L., January 26, 2011See What 3855 Customers are Saying