Seattle area moving trends: Where do Kirkland families move?
Seattle is a beautiful city situated in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It is home to some of the most prominent tech companies and provides a high standard of living. As a result, Seattle has become a popular destination for people looking to move to the area. In particular, Kirkland, a suburb located on the east side of Lake Washington, is a popular destination for families. However, according to Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage Washington, one of the most reliable moving companies in the area, families have been moving out of Kirkland as well. In this article, we will explore the moving trends in the Seattle area, with a specific focus on where do Kirkland families move.
Kirkland, WA moving trends
Kirkland is a beautiful city that offers a high quality of life. It is home to several parks, excellent schools, and a thriving business community. As a result, Kirkland WA movers help many families make the city their new home. According to data from the United States Census Bureau, Kirkland’s population has grown by 7.5% from 2010 to 2020, with a current population of 93,062.
Many families choose to move to Kirkland because of its excellent schools. According to Niche, Kirkland’s Lake Washington School District is one of the best in the state, with an A+ rating. The district has several highly rated schools, including Kirkland Middle School, International Community School, and Juanita High School.
Another reason why families move to Kirkland is its location. Kirkland is located on the east side of Lake Washington, providing easy access to Seattle and other nearby cities. It is also home to several parks and beaches, making it an excellent location for outdoor enthusiasts.
Top cities for Kirkland families to move to in the Seattle Area
Kirkland, WA is a popular destination for families in the Seattle area, but many families eventually move out of Kirkland for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, there are several other cities in the area that offer unique benefits for families looking for a new home. Here are some of the cities that Kirkland families often move to:
- Bellevue, WA: This city is known for its excellent schools and lower housing prices compared to Kirkland. Bellevue also offers a variety of family-friendly amenities, such as parks, trails, and community events.
- Bainbridge Island, WA: This picturesque island community is just a short ferry ride away from Seattle and offers excellent schools and a tight-knit community feel. Families can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking, as well as cultural attractions like art galleries and local festivals.
- Lynnwood, WA: Lynnwood offers lower housing prices than Kirkland and a variety of family-friendly amenities, such as parks, playgrounds, and a community center with a pool and gym.
- Newcastle, WA: Newcastle is known for its excellent schools and lower housing prices compared to Kirkland. The city also offers a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking and mountain biking, as well as community events like concerts and farmers’ markets.
- Eastside Seattle, WA: This region includes several cities and neighborhoods, such as Redmond, Issaquah, and Sammamish. Eastside Seattle is known for its high quality of life, excellent schools, and proximity to tech job opportunities.
By considering these cities as potential destinations, Kirkland families can find the perfect new home for their needs and preferences. Each of these cities offers unique benefits for families, whether it’s lower housing prices, excellent schools, or a tight-knit community feel.
Bellevue, WA: Lower housing prices and excellent schools
Bellevue is a popular destination for families in the Seattle area, and for good reason. There are several advantages to living in Bellevue over Kirkland, particularly for families. One of the biggest advantages is the city’s excellent schools, which consistently rank among the best in Washington state.
In addition to its excellent schools, Bellevue offers a variety of family-friendly amenities. The city has an extensive park system, with over 2,700 acres of parks and open space. Local movers Bellevue WA offer say that the biggest advantage of Bellevue for families is its lower housing prices compared to Kirkland. While Bellevue is still an affluent city, housing prices are generally more affordable than in Kirkland, making it a great option for families looking to save money without sacrificing the quality of life.
Finally, Bellevue’s location provides easy access to nearby job opportunities in a variety of fields. The city is home to many major employers, including Microsoft, T-Mobile, and Expedia, and is just a short drive from other job centers like Redmond and Seattle. Overall, Bellevue’s excellent schools, family-friendly amenities, lower housing prices, and proximity to job opportunities make it an attractive option for families looking to move to the Seattle area.
Bainbridge Island, WA: A picturesque island community
Bainbridge Island is a popular destination for families in the Seattle area due to its many advantages over Kirkland. For one, Bainbridge Island offers excellent schools that consistently rank highly in Washington state, making it an ideal location for families looking to provide their children with a quality education.
Additionally, the island has a tight-knit community feel, with many family-friendly events and activities throughout the year, such as the Bainbridge Island Farmers’ Market and the annual Grand Old Fourth of July celebration. One of the biggest advantages of Bainbridge Island for families moving here by local movers Bainbridge Island WA residents trust is its proximity to Seattle.
While Kirkland is just across Lake Washington from Seattle, getting to the city can be a hassle during rush hour. By contrast, Bainbridge Island is just a short ferry ride away from downtown Seattle, making it an easy commute for families who work in the city. This proximity to Seattle also provides access to cultural attractions like museums, theaters, and sports venues, as well as job opportunities in a variety of fields.
Lynnwood, WA: Lower housing prices and family-friendly amenities
While Lynnwood, WA is not as well-known as some of the other cities in the Seattle area, it has several advantages that make it an attractive option for families looking to relocate from Kirkland. Local Lynnwood WA movers suggest making the city your new home due to its lower cost of living compared to Kirkland. Housing prices in Lynnwood are generally more affordable, and the city also has a lower overall cost of living, making it a great option for families on a budget.
Another advantage of Lynnwood for families is its excellent schools. While its schools may not have the same level of prestige as some of the schools in Bellevue or Bainbridge Island, they are still highly rated and provide a quality education for students.
Lynnwood also has a variety of family-friendly amenities. The city has an extensive park system, with over 350 acres of parks and open space. This includes popular parks like Lynndale Park, which features trails, sports fields, and a playground, and the Interurban Trail, which offers miles of biking and walking paths. Lynnwood also has a variety of community centers and sports facilities, including an aquatic center and ice rink.
Newcastle, WA: Excellent education options and lower housing prices
Newcastle, WA is a small city located on the east side of Lake Washington, and it has several advantages that make it a great option for families looking to relocate from Kirkland with the help of local movers in Newcastle WA. One of the biggest advantages is the city’s excellent schools, which consistently rank among the best in the state. Families looking for a top-notch education for their children will find many options in Newcastle.
Another advantage of Newcastle for families is its proximity to major job centers. The city is just a short drive from major employment centers like Bellevue, Redmond, and Seattle, and is also home to several major employers themselves, including Boeing and T-Mobile. Newcastle is also a more affordable option than Kirkland. While the city is still relatively affluent, housing prices are generally more affordable than in Kirkland, making it a great option for families looking to save money without surrendering their quality of life.
Eastside Seattle: High quality of life, top-ranking schools and kid-friendly amenities
Eastside Seattle is a region located on the eastern side of Lake Washington. Local Eastside Seattle movers have been helping families relocate to this popular destination for families looking to move within the Seattle area, due to its excellent schools, family-friendly amenities, and beautiful natural surroundings.
One of the biggest advantages of Eastside Seattle is its excellent schools. The region is home to some of the top-rated school districts in the state, with high graduation rates and test scores. Families looking for quality education for their children will find many options in Eastside Seattle. In addition to excellent schools, Eastside Seattle offers a variety of family-friendly amenities. The city has its own parks and recreation facilities, including playgrounds, sports fields, and trails for hiking and biking.
Eastside Seattle is also home to several major employers, including Microsoft, Amazon, and Boeing. Families looking for job security and opportunities for career advancement will find many options in this region. Additionally, the region’s proximity to Seattle and other major job centers makes it an attractive option for families looking for job opportunities.
Preparing your family for the move: Tips for moving from Kirkland to your new home
Moving can be a challenging experience for families, here is some advice from professional Washington movers to prepare your family for the transition from Kirkland to a new city:
- Involve your family in the decision-making process: Before making the decision to move, it’s important to involve your family in the decision-making process. Discuss the pros and cons of moving and solicit input from each family member.
- Research your new city: Once you’ve decided on a new city, do your research. Learn about the city’s neighborhoods, schools, parks, and other amenities. This will help you make informed decisions about where to live and what services to use.
- Visit your new city: If possible, visit your new city before you move. This will give you and your family a chance to explore the area, meet new people, and get a feel for the community.
- Get organized: Moving can be stressful, but being organized can help reduce anxiety. Make a list of everything you need to do before you move, including packing, transferring utilities, and changing your address.
- Talk to your children about the move: Moving can be particularly challenging for children. Be honest and open with your children about the move and answer any questions they may have. Encourage them to express their feelings and concerns.
- Say goodbye to Kirkland: Before you leave Kirkland, take the time to say goodbye to friends, family, and the community. This will help you and your family feel a sense of closure and make the transition easier.
Kirkland families should consider the pros and cons of each location
When considering a move to the Seattle area, families should consider factors such as housing prices, schools, location, and amenities. Each city has its own unique benefits and drawbacks, and it’s important to think about which city fits your family’s needs.
Ultimately, the Seattle area is an excellent place to live for families, offering a high standard of living, excellent schools, and a wide range of family-friendly activities and amenities. Whether families choose to move to Kirkland or another city in the area, they are sure to find a welcoming and vibrant community to call home.
The Seattle area offers several excellent options for families looking to move. Kirkland is a popular destination because of its excellent schools and location on the east side of Lake Washington. If you wonder where do Kirkland families move, other cities, such as Bellevue, Bainbridge Island, Lynnwood, Newcastle, and Eastside Seattle, are some of the best local destination options. They offer benefits for families, such as lower housing prices, excellent schools, and family-friendly amenities.