What You Need to Know About Finding Senior Moving Assistance
No one said moving is simple – especially for seniors. If you’re looking to downsize and relocate to a retirement community, consider hiring senior moving assistance. A team of professionals can make a smooth, headache-free transition out of an otherwise stressful process.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Finding Senior Moving Assistance
It’s important to carefully research your options before hiring help. You want to be sure the team you select has extensive experience moving residents into retirement or assisted living community. Not sure where to start? A few essential do’s and don’ts of finding senior moving assistance will help you find the right movers:
- Find movers that offer a full suite of services. Some movers offer basic services that don’t go beyond loading and unloading the moving truck. Look for movers with a full suite of services including move management, packing, crating and shipping. The movers you partner with should be able to accommodate your specific needs.
- Make sure you have storage arrangements. Moving often means downsizing, and some of your furniture and belongings might not have a place in your new home. Once you’ve identified the items that are making the trip, look for a local storage facility to house the remainder of your belongings for short- or long-term periods.
-Amy B., March 8, 2014See What 3855 Customers are Saying
- Select movers without senior moving assistance experience. You want a team of experienced, reliable movers to help complete your relocation. It’s important to take an in-depth look at movers before signing on. Check previous customers’ reviews and testimonials. You can also access the Better Business Bureau to obtain moving companies’ business ratings.
- Hire movers without interstate capabilities. If you’re moving across state lines but have hired local movers, it’s important to make sure they have third-party van line partnerships. Once the relocation has passed your moving company’s geographical range, belongings will be handed off to an interstate partner – and safely delivered to their destination.
Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage: Your Go-To Senior Moving Service
After spending over 130 years moving families and businesses, the team at Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage knows that senior relocation requires careful attention. Specially trained to streamline your move, Hansen’s relocation consultants are here to guide you through every step of the moving process, including:
- Pre-Move Planning – After you request an in-home estimate, your assigned relocation specialist will take inventory of belongings, work with you on a moving date and create a detailed plan.
- Move Management – Our exclusive move management service, HB Move Management, provides a team of personal assistants to help with organizing, packing, unpacking and furniture assembly.
Your search for reliable senior moving assistance ends here. Ready to get started? Contact Hansen Bros. today.