In addition to professionally handling all of your moving and storage needs, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage can make transporting your automobile a truly hassle-free experience. We can make arrangements for your automobile to be shipped anywhere in the country at a competitive rate. Your vehicle will be well cared for and transported on a truck is that is fully covered by public liability, property damage and cargo insurance. And of course, your owner's insurance also remains in effect throughout the shipping process.
Following are some frequently asked questions about shipping an automobile. To speak with a Hansen Bros. consultant, please call us at 1-888-300-7222 or use our convenient contact us form.
When should you make your vehicle moving arrangements?
- We recommend submitting your order around two weeks in advance for cross country auto relocations, and three to four weeks for overseas shipments. If you have an urgent situation, let us know and we'll do our very best to accommodate your vehicle transport as a "priority status."
How much will it cost to ship my vehicle?
- Prices are determined by the size of your vehicle and where it will be delivered.
How long will it take to transport my vehicle?
- There are two major factors in determining how long your vehicle transport will take. First, the distance between pick-up and delivery. And second, how many additional vehicles are with your shipment. Other factors, like weather conditions, traffic, and truck maintenance, may lengthen your vehicle's transit time.
- On average, most coast-to-coast vehicle relocation's take an average of 8 to 14 days. Coastal up-and-down moves can take from 3 to 6 days. Your Hansen Bros. consultant will keep you well-informed during transit as to the exact date and time your vehicle will arrive at its destination.
What kind of truck will my auto be shipped on?
- Either an open carrier, like the trucks you've seen transporting vehicles to and from auto dealerships, or an enclosed carrier, which we recommend if you're shipping a custom or exotic car or truck.
After I make arrangements, when is my vehicle picked up?
- Within two to three days of the scheduled pick-up date you have requested. Of course, we can always make special pick-up arrangements to accommodate your schedule.
Can I pack things in my vehicle?
- Generally, we recommend that you do not ship any personal belongings inside your vehicle. However, a few small items packed in the trunk are acceptable.
What if my drop-off or pick-up location is inaccessible to the truck?
- Most auto transport trucks are quite large, up to 75 feet long. This sometimes makes it impossible to reach many residential areas. If that's the case with your auto move, your vehicle mover will attempt to get as close as possible to your delivery location. We can also arrange a convenient location, like a shopping center, to either pick up or deliver your vehicle.