Guide for moving from Redmond to Seattle
So, you are thinking about moving from Redmond to Seattle? If you are still not sure whether this is something you should do (or you don’t know how to prepare for it), you are in the right place. This guide is here to tell you a bit more about life in Seattle and help you organize a smooth move. Whether you choose to relocate with one of moving companies Seattle or you do it on your own, we are sure that the following tips are going to be very useful to you. Moving intrastate is not that simple but we will do our best to help you relocate with no problems along the way. So, if you are ready to get started, make yourself comfy, grab a cup of coffee and keep reading!
Living in Seattle 101
When moving to another city, learning about it and researching it is a must. In fact, this is something that should be done before deciding to relocate to that place. By getting informed about the place where you want to move, you will know whether it is going to be the right one for your and your family’s needs. Since you are considering moving to Seattle, let’s take a closer look at what being a Seattleite is like and what this city offers to its residents.
For many, being a Seattleite is a privilege. This is a city of strong vibes, home to grunge music, Amazon, and Starbucks. Currently, there are around 725000 people in Seattle which makes it the biggest city in Pacific Northwest. Seattle is also known as the Emerald City because of its beautiful evergreen forests that surround the area. Seattle offers a lot to its residents. There are many different job opportunities, the job market is hot, the nature is beautiful, the city is diverse and filled with people with different cultural backgrounds. The least we can say is that living here is interesting and fun.
Just like in any city, living in Seattle comes with upsides and downsides. It’s almost impossible to find a city that suits you perfectly. That’s why it is important to learn about these pros and cons ahead of time before you schedule your relocation with movers Redmond WA. By doing this, you will know whether moving from Redmond to Seattle is something you should do.
The pros and cons of living in Seattle
To make things a bit easier for you, we listed some of the pros and cons that, in our opinion, should be mentioned. Here they are.
- Great job opportunities. Finding a new job after the move isn’t the most pleasant thing. But, if you move to a place with many job opportunities, the job hunt will be much tolerable.
- A perfect place for kids and young families. Seattle is a safe city which is why so many families are moving here. If you plan to expand your family in the near future, then this might be the perfect city for you.
- Proximity to beautiful nature. Sometimes, we all need to take a break from crowded and noisy streets. If you are an outdoorsy type, you will enjoy the beautiful nature in and around Seattle.
- Great climate. This might come as surprise, but Seattle’s climate is awesome. Some people think that Seattle has many rainy days but it’s important to point out that NYC, Chicago, and Miami are only some of the cities that receive more precipitation than Seattle.
- High living costs. Seattle is pricey, that’s a fact. This is something you need to take into consideration before moving from Redmond to Seattle.
- The traffic. Seattle is a busy city. Whether you own a car or use public transportation, prepare to lose many hours in traffic.
- Housing opportunities. Seattle’s living costs are high. And, the same goes for the housing market. Here you can find beautiful homes but not everyone can afford them.
Are Redmond and Seattle that different?
Although Redmond is one of the best places to live in the State of Washington, for many it’s still not as good as Seattle is. But, comparing these two cities isn’t realistic. Redmond offers a suburban feel, while Seattle offers a more urban feel. These two are very different and it is impossible to tell which one is the better one. People have different needs, like different things, and have different opinions about Seattle and Redmond. So, we can’t tell you for sure whether you are going to like Seattle or not (although there’s a big chance you are going to fall in love with it).
If possible, we advise you to visit Seattle the week before you move here. Explore your new neighborhood, meet your new neighbors, try to learn about your new surroundings as much as possible. The more you know about your new environment, the easier you will adjust to it.
How to get used to the change after moving from Redmond to Seattle?
It’s perfectly normal to have mixed feelings before the move, especially if you are moving to another city. Starting a new chapter in a new place is not easy. You will just need some time to get used to the change. But hey, you are not the only one who’s feeling this way!
What you need to know is that as soon as you unpack your moving boxes Seattle and meet new people, you will start to feel much better. Go out, explore the city, hang out with new people, and you will see that moving to another place is not a bad thing. This event brings many new opportunities and you should embrace them all.
Tips for moving from Redmond to Seattle with ease
So, what are your thoughts about moving from Redmond to Seattle? Are you ready for making this step in your life? If so, you are going to need the following tips to move with ease.
- Plan every step of the move. The more you plan, the easier your relocation will be.
- Find your new home well ahead of time. Going on a home hunt in a hurry is something you need to avoid at any cost.
- Don’t do everything on your own. Hire some of the best Seattle local movers and enjoy while they take care of everything for you.
- Stick to the schedule. Relocations can become really messy and stressful. Stay organized and stick to the plan. This is how you will move to Seattle in the simplest possible manner.
There you have it, these were the most important things you need to know about moving from Redmond to Seattle. In case you have any questions about the moving process or you are searching for a reliable crew, don’t hesitate to reach out!